Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sticks and Stones

Go ahead. Throw your sticks.

Cast your Goddamn stones.

I don't care anymore!

Nothing will hurt more than the night you looked me in my eyes and told me I wasn't good enough for you.

All my life I've been told

sticks and stones may break my bones
but words will never harm me

sticks and stones may break my bones
but words will never harm me

BULLCRAP!

They teach you to simply not listen to what others say. What the call you. All those hurtful words they use towards you. 

What they don't teach you is what to do when you do listen. You hear what they call you. You believe those hurtful words.

I let you in. Showed you all the things I hide from the world. I believed you when you said forever. You tore down my dirt foundation, drywall walls to see the sides of me no one else has. Felt a bond with you. Like, yeah. I did the right thing by letting you in. I felt safe. I felt loved.

And what do you do? 

Hurt me worse than any broken bone could ever even start comparing to the pain your words inflicted on me. 

Well I'll have you know I'm rebuilding my walls with a concrete foundation and bricks for the walls. Maybe it is best I don't show people certain sides of me. And if you have seen those sides, I'm sorry. 

At this point there's really only one thing I have to say to you but I don't want to offend anyone with my language. 

By the way, you were wrong. You were never good enough for me. I deserve better.

4 comments:

  1. uhh! (Nelson's grunt of approval that i don't know how to spell)

    ReplyDelete
  2. " by the way you were wrong. You were never good enough for me I deserve better" this is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach! "Go ahead, throw your sticks." Great opening. #stolen

    ReplyDelete