Sunday, January 31, 2016

If You Really Knew Me

I was born December 2nd 1997 on a Tuesday
and I still consider myself a 90's kid
I remember VCR's and Nickelodeon Wonder balls 
                                           


I weigh 135lbs
133 on my sisters scale though
135lbs of sweaty palms and insecurity about my writing

I'm still learning the Lone Peak Fight Song and Dance
even though I am a senior
stomp clap stomp stomp clap stomp clap stomp stomp clap clap
that's all I got I think

I'm often taking naps in various spots in my house

but never my bed

I've never been to South America
and quite frankly, I never want to

Hello, I'm Hannah. 2 H's 2 A's 2 N's
Yes I know it's pretty
Yes I know it's common
and yes, I KNOW it's a palindrome

I wait all year for the Count Chocula cereal
I'm still snacking on a box I've stashed away

I still have my sweater from 4th grade
because I can't bring myself to throw anything away
ever

However if you really knew me
you'd know I hate my name
I cringe at the sound of it sorry all the Hannah's in the world

You'd know I'm jealous of my sisters
the oldest was born on Halloween so her name is Holly Wenday (Halloween Day)

the other was due on Christmas so her name is Merissa Christine (Merry Christmas)

my parents were going to name me Hannah Kaye (Hanukkah)

but decided not to

So now I'm just me
Hannah Marie

and it is very nice to meet you again


5 comments:

  1. this is so cool :) an awesome way to get to know these really cool things about you.

    by the way- i quite like your handwriting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is very nice to meet you again

    the parts about the weight, those were the best parts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the creative use of little details !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not even tell you how much a related to this post. like birthday and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nickelodeon Wonder balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    haha for years and years and years and years and year now I've been trying to figure out the name of those things. I finally can rest in peace. Thank you sooooo much this blog post "literally" Changed my life.

    Shoutout "Literally" to Rob Lowe:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xjka07o1-0

    ReplyDelete