Sunday, January 3, 2016

Things That I Rememer

I remember my first day of high school.
-It was scary and the halls were too crowded. 

I remember not knowing where to go for lunch until I saw Mason. 
-He helped me navigate through the crowds and ate with me. It was nice. 

I remember going to Nelson's class for the first time. 
-Jesse was in the class so I sat next to him. 

I remember doing my first ever writing prompt. 
-First impressions. 

I remember Nelson showed us his example. 
-He wrote that he had siblings of kids he taught before and mentioned my sister Holly and her double dutch skills.

I remember getting my worst grade ever. 
-It was a D+ in biology. 

I remember thinking that I disqualified for the Regents Scholarship 
-I knew from then on I wouldn't take physics or chemistry because what was the point? 

I rememember my first spirit bowl. 
-I covered my face in maroon paint. My team won. Mighty Maroon pride. 

I remember wondering if teachers ever thought of students and their lives at home. 
-I wondered if any of them would even care about what I had going on. Turns out they do.  

I remember my first high school boyfriend.
-It lasted less than a month. 

I remember sitting in 700 hall for lunch the first time. 
-I still do. 

I remember looking forward to graduating for so many years. 
-But I'm not ready for it to end yet. 




1 comment:

  1. "I remember wondering if teachers ever thought of students and their lives at home.
    -I wondered if any of them would even care about what I had going on."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete