Sunday, September 27, 2015

Trying To Find Paris

I feel like everyone has already found their Paris. Why can't I find mine? 
Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough? Maybe I've been looking too hard? Was it when I missed that one day of class? Am I really just a tourist looking to be an artist in vain? 

I guess I got the wrong idea when Nelson first introduced going to Paris as an artist rather than a tourist. When I think artist I think 

beauty
perfection
neat
clean
happy
ideal

But the truth is, Paris isn't that. It isn't beautiful, there's trash everywhere.
It isn't perfect, like all of us Paris does have it's flaw, faults and downsides.
Paris is not neat, there's graffiti and cigarette butts everywhere you look.
Paris is far from clean, refer back to it not being beautiful nor neat.
Paris isn't happy, there are lovers now lost, homeless begging for money to pay for their next meal and heartbreaking stories. They're removing the 'love locks' from Pont des Arts bridge.
But if there's one thing Paris definitely is not, would be ideal. It's expensive. I can't read the signs. There's so many people just wanting to swindle you to get your money. 

Even in Paris it rains.



I don't know.
If you know can you tell me?

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Best post I've read in a while. I usually don't read these all the way through, but your post I did. That's saying something. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved all of this. "even in paris it rains"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in Paris it rains.

    Maybe I'm a tourist now, but Paris for me was in myself. What built Paris was the acceptance from writers Paris. But really it's a discovery that takes a semester or two.

    Dive in and create your own Paris--with this post you're basically already there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in Paris it rains.

    Maybe I'm a tourist now, but Paris for me was in myself. What built Paris was the acceptance from writers Paris. But really it's a discovery that takes a semester or two.

    Dive in and create your own Paris--with this post you're basically already there.

    ReplyDelete